Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Beginning of My Journey

I've been a Christian for many years now. But through the years I have backslid-den quite a lot. This past year though God has really been speaking to me, waking me up. And my husband accepting Jesus as his Savior has shown me that though I backslid, God still answered my prayers.

Now my husband and I are on the same page and are now walking together holding hands instead of going opposite directions with a rope connecting us so that we're having a tug-of-war.

My Titus 2 journey started a few months ago when God led me to a blog of a woman named Candy. Sadly, she is no longer blogging, though I understand why she stopped. I never got to tell her how God used her to get me back on track. God truly spoke to me through her and gave me a lot of great advice, instruction, tips and encouragement.

I recently read A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George. It's a wonderful book and I'm thankful that God led me to read it. It expanded on what Candy wrote in her blog. I've been putting all the things I've learned into practice and my husband says he's seen a difference.

I'm still learning and listening to God's teaching and I pray that every day I'll be one day closer to being a woman after God's own Heart.

No comments: