Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Autumn

Autumn has always been my favorite time of year, along with Spring. Both are not too cold (most of the time) and not too warm.

I've always loved to look at the trees when they start to change the beautiful colors of Autumn. I'm thankful that the Lord created trees to do this. I love the cool, crisp air and running through a pile of leaves. Thankfully my parents never seemed to get angry about that. I guess as long as we raked it back up, they didn't mind.

I love Thanksgiving and I'm thankful to God that my parents showed me the true way to be thankful, though I may not show it a lot of the time. My father always did most of the preparing and cooking on Thanksgiving and I guess that some people would think it was because he was the better cook. But I believe it's because he wanted to give my mom a break and to show her his thanks for all that she does. He still does Thanksgiving till this day, though they share the preparations now. I hope and pray that my kids are able to have most of the same memories I have of this time of year.

I'll end this post with blessings to you and your families and I pray that this season brings you joy, thanksgiving and closeness to the Lord.

No comments: